The industrialization of Singapore has dramatically changed the environment, especially the breathing of the population. Environmental pollution is a contentious issue that Singaporeans have to face. This has prompted most residents to invest in air-conditioning systems to ensure the purity of their environment. The owner of the aircon system must deal with the very ramp of aircon. Most aircon odors result from excessive bacterial growth, engine leaks, dirt, dead animals, moisture and smoke. It’s good to know that you do not need to contact an AC repair company to handle the smell. However, if you can not diagnose the cause or cure the odors, you can contact a professional,MastercoolAircon Service is a aircon servicing company Singapore which is located at Bedok.
Tips on how to reduce aircon stench
- Regularly repair your air conditioner
Most consumers deliberately ignore this. Aircon repair at least twice a year. All you need to do is contact a technician who will visit your home and check the exchange. He will thoroughly check the room and the vents. The air filter is also critical, and should be well cleaned or replaced if necessary. A clean air filter will ensure you enjoy the fresh, pure and healthy air. In addition to ensuring fresh air, a clean filter reduces the amount of energy required to power the AC. Technicians will also remove dirt trapped in the drain. Drains should be cleaned with water and bleach. Regular maintenance of your aircon will save you money on maintenance.
- Occasionally clean the air conditioner
If you are a DIY expert, you do not need to call a professional. You can use a rag to wipe the dust on the filter. If the smell is due to dust build-up in the filter, this process will help solve the problem. This is a routine maintenance activity for the AC, which is very important. In this way, you will be able to clean and remove dust before plugging the drain and condensing chamber.
How to effectively clean the air conditioner yourself
Make a cleaning solution
To reduce the odor in current alternating, you need to drink so much water that you have to mix it with the cleaning solution. The best and safe is to use vinegar. There are cleaning solutions designed specifically for this purpose, but you do not have to buy any cleaning solution because you are doing it yourself. Just pour 75% water and 25% vinegar, then mix well.
– Before starting cleaning, you must ensure that the AC power is off. Remove and clean the drain with your prepared solution and return to its place when it is dry.
– Then find the AC grill and turn them on. When cleaning the grill, just focus on them, do not disturb the filter and clean it later. Take a clean rag, immerse in the solution, and use it to wipe the grill. Wipe each grille thoroughly to ensure that all dirt particles are removed. Due to their size, your rags may not get into the barbecue area, use a toothbrush to remove dirt from these areas.
– Once you are done with the grill, you are ready to start filtering. If your aircon unit smells, the filter should be your number one suspect. If the circulation of air is not clean, then the filter is obviously blocked. First separate the screen from the grill for effective cleaning. Do not use rags this time, but dip the toothbrush into the cleaning fluid and use it. Brush the dirt off the filter frame with a toothbrush. Keep in mind that filters sometimes contain bacteria that you may not see with the naked eye and may not be able to brush out. Soaking the filter in the cleaning solution for about half an hour will help remove any bacteria or bacteria. Soak and rinse with clean water and slide it back into place.
Please note that older filters should be replaced with new filters after at least two months or up to three months.
– Continue to clean the condenser. Pick up the straightened hanger and insert the drain into the condenser. Use it to pull out dirt particles that may block the drain hole. After cleaning the drain, rinse with water. Start cleaning the coil later.
– Take a soft cloth and immerse it in a cleaning fluid to remove dirt from the coil. You can also use a toothbrush to remove dirt stuck in the coil. Use a vacuum cleaner to remove any remaining dirt. Keep in mind that the condenser handles cold air and therefore its cleanliness is very important.
Note that for fresher air, if there is a coil in the room, use a coil cleaner to spray the coil.
- Open the air conditioner’s built-in vent
– Most aircon units have built-in vents behind them. This vent is an unpleasant smell of escape route. Once aware of aircon smell, just open the vent can be.
How to reduce your car aircon smell
– For your car, you can use car freshener, call a professional, clean the AC, repair the engine, or better open the vents. Please note that if there is a problem with your car’s engine, the aircon system will still circulate dirty air, so install the engine first.
Aircon unit to provide consumers with great comfort. However, they must know how to maintain it in order to keep releasing fresh cold air. You’d better learn how to do it yourself because it will save you money. The key is to provide your AC unit on a regular basis, either by you or a professional.